Pet Care Resources
for Whidbey Island Pet Owners
At the Animal Hospital by the Sea, we know that it can be easy to become lost or overwhelmed when conducting searches on the Internet! Caution must always be taken to differentiate between the many quality articles available and the even more available poorly researched misinformation. We have taken the time to collect some of our favorite resources to help you find the information you need from reliable sources.
- New clients
- If you are looking for a new veterinarian or have recently acquired a pet, visit our new client page to learn more about our hospital. From here you may download paperwork to complete and bring with you to your first visit.
- There is a lot of information available to benefit you and your pets. Some of it is very valuable; however, there is a risk that you may come across some that is not so reliable. This list of our favorite links will help you reach the best pet-related information out there.
- Whidbey Island pet owners enjoy meeting and working with each other to help our community thrive. Get yourself involved! Our community is brimming with pet-related organizations and activities. Use this resource to find out what is going on at the Animal Hospital by the Sea, on Whidbey Island, and beyond!
- Keep up on the latest pet-oriented happenings by checking in with our pet news link!
- Pet loss library
- Losing your best friend is never easy. When you are facing that difficulty, it may be comforting to share your grief with those who appreciate and are here to help you through your loss. These resources have been put together to help you through this difficult time.
Animal Hospital by the Sea rocks! Jean is a fabulous veterinarian, the environment is warm and relaxing and there is great communication between Jean and her staff. We are all so very happy to have found them!
—Jodi Starcevich, Matt Costello, Groovy Roux and Salinger
Dr. Dieden’s surgical technique allowed our dog a quick and trouble free spay recovery without the stress and discomfort of an Elizabethan collar (head cone). We are very grateful to Dr. Dieden and staff who assisted with Rena’s surgery.
—Bob and Jayme Holmberg
Meshuggeneh was the most relaxed cat during her visit to Dr.Jean that I think she would have stayed longer. Thank you both Holly and Dr. Jean for your time and help. Best find in Langley... a great vet!
Jean and staff Thank you so very much for the care given to our Lab, Lily We are so appreciative of your time, concern and love given to our pet. Lily is forever grateful and so are her humans, Nina and Chris We hope the next visit will be just the standard check up and not an emergency, again thank you for the excellent care. Animal Hospital By The Sea, you rock!
Dory a Golden on the island says thank you.
The staff and Jean are fabulous. We are so lucky to have them on the Island.
Thank you Dr Jean Dieden for taking such good care of my labrador, Kinsey. Kinsey had a raging hot spot. Thanks to Dr Dieden’s caring and effective treatment, Kinsey is much more comfortable and on the mend.
It doesn’t get any better than this animal hospital for care for your pet. Jean Dieden and her team of Holly and Stacy are top notch and they are genuinely caring. I also like the fact that this is a animal hospital and part of that terminology means they do their own blood work.
Dr. Jean held my hand throughout it all and, had it not been for her professional intuition about a prescription Lena was given during emergency treatment, my little girl would not be the happy, healthy kitty she is today. As for how my other cat Dexter feels about Dr. Jean, you can see for yourself around this website.